I unexpectedly (and reluctantly) moved back to my hometown. I unexpectedly fell for an old high school classmate, and he unexpectedly proposed to me. We unexpectedly found out I was pregnant, and we got married sooner than expected. Now, we're experiencing the unexpected daily...the good, the bad, the funny, the frustrating. Read all about it...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"When You're Down to Nothing, God is Up to Something"

I don't know where that quote originated, but it was definitely timely for me to find it in an e-mail.

I am a firm believer that God's mysterious ways always work in our favor. I also believe the quote above. Therefore,
  • I will try harder not to make the lives around me any more difficult than they already are...
  • I will be grateful instead of distraught that I just had to move my family into my parents' basement last week...
  • I will not be hard on myself for destroying my Galant this past Monday...
  • I will help my husband get through this trying time...
... And I will leave it up to God to guide us to where we belong spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially.

I may no longer have my only operating car.
I might have had to swallow my pride and ask my parents to help us.
I might have had to sacrifice privacy in order to save money.

But,

At least I was not injured and no one else was in the car, especially my son.
At least I have my parents, who are always willing to help me as best as they can.
At least we have a means to save for a better and more secure financial future.

For every negative there is a brighter positive. My husband and I are living our vows of being there for each other for "poorer" and "worse," and God willing, we will get through to the "richer" and "better" side. 

I'm over feeling sorry for our situation, knowing that God has a plan for us; we just have to put up with the rain until the sun shines again.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I needed thanks!
    http://thebiancamanos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete