I unexpectedly (and reluctantly) moved back to my hometown. I unexpectedly fell for an old high school classmate, and he unexpectedly proposed to me. We unexpectedly found out I was pregnant, and we got married sooner than expected. Now, we're experiencing the unexpected daily...the good, the bad, the funny, the frustrating. Read all about it...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Too Much to be Thankful For...

  • God's undying love and forgiveness. I am far from a saint, but I know that God has hope in me, otherwise I would not still be living.
  • My parents' sacrifices for me. They may think I take them for granted, but they have no idea how lucky I feel to have them.
  • My son's good health and happiness. I have never met a baby as happy as he is. I don't know what we are doing right, but he smiles and laughs a million times more than he cries. 
  • My husband's dedication to our family. I am so grateful that he is a good husband and an even better father. 
  • My sorority sisters. It's not four years, it's for life. Two of them were my bridesmaids, and they truly are my second family.
  • My best friend, who stuck by me through a whole lot during college. She's one of the only people I genuinely trust. 
This Thanksgiving was a difficult one. It was a day of mixed emotions, as I came to blows with people who deserve to be treated a lot better. However, it remained a day of family, at the end of it all, and this year I've learned more than ever the importance of having a family, as well as how fortunate I am to have their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment