I unexpectedly (and reluctantly) moved back to my hometown. I unexpectedly fell for an old high school classmate, and he unexpectedly proposed to me. We unexpectedly found out I was pregnant, and we got married sooner than expected. Now, we're experiencing the unexpected daily...the good, the bad, the funny, the frustrating. Read all about it...

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jamari Isiah's First Christmas!!

We received an abundance of blessings in the form of gifts from family and friends. Some of the gifts came at clutch moments (like a gas card from my father!!). Also, Jamari being 4 1/2 months old around the holidays is perfect timing because he is at the age when he can enjoy a lot of fun infant toys!!  



Santa came around 4 pm this Christmas because he had to wait for my mother to come home from work. Then, the fun really began when Jamari tore open presents and was more interested in the wrapping paper than what was actually wrapped. He was blessed with clothes and toys, and gift cards for more clothes and toys! 

I never forget the reason for the holiday. Jesus is my Savior, and so the celebration of his birth means more to me than receiving and giving presents. However, I lost the other part of the Christmas spirit around my senior year of high school. Meaning, I lost the excitement and drive to go out and buy presents for people, to help decorate, to watch Christmas movies, and so on. It all just started to feel routine, like robotic, I guess? Here it is, Christmas, so we have to put up the tree and the lights, and find some presents for each other. We open presents, we eat, and the big holiday is over before noon. Big whoop.

However, the spirit is back on! Jamari has rekindled Christmas in my heart. He helped me remember that the essence of Christmas is family, and the presents are tangible symbols of their support and love. Giving presents is not about making sure your friends and family get what they want. It's about buying or making them something that lets them know, "Hey, I'm here for you."

The massive amounts of presents under the tree for my son made me feel so grateful that there are a lot of people who are here for us, who love us and want Jamari to have everything he could ever need. This Christmas beat all of my Christmases past.


HAVE A JOYFUL HOLIDAY SEASON AND NEW YEAR!
- Sirron, Jamie, Jamari Isiah, & Stax
(Holiday card created by JennC Designs)


No comments:

Post a Comment