I unexpectedly (and reluctantly) moved back to my hometown. I unexpectedly fell for an old high school classmate, and he unexpectedly proposed to me. We unexpectedly found out I was pregnant, and we got married sooner than expected. Now, we're experiencing the unexpected daily...the good, the bad, the funny, the frustrating. Read all about it...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Review: The Power-Based Life by Mike Flynt

Author Mike Flynt is inspiration himself. At 59 years old, he became the oldest member of any US college football team, never allowing anyone to use his age as an excuse to treat him differently on the field.

In The Power-Based Life, Flynt challenges readers to answer the question: Who do you think you are? He teaches 12 power bases that could help readers fully succeed in whatever they choose to do with their lives. Flynt’s personal experiences, sports-related anecdotes, and biblical references prove how his power bases could strengthen anyone’s body, mind, and spirit if they are applied. The idea behind The Power Based Life is to help people focus on what they believe they were born to do -- to utilize their God-given talent to their maximum ability.

It could not have been better timing for me to read this book. I honestly believe that I was meant to read this book for a reason. I highly recommend it for people like me -- those who are at a crossroads in life, those who are just setting out into the real world, those who are trying to figure out their life purpose. This is also a great book for those who feel like they have more to contribute to their career, their family, and their community.

Although Flynt references the Bible quite often, the stories he shares relate to Christians and non-believers alike. If you are struggling to find your place in this world and your reason for living in it, read this book regardless of your religious background, or lack thereof. The Power-Based Life is full of highlighter-worthy, thought-provoking, inspirational ideas that move readers to do more with their lives.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment